Logo

Logo

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Burnout in Baku

The day after writing the last blog entry my body completely gave up on me, I've never had that before, it was just a huge wave of exhaustion and I didn't feel up to doing anything. I have to put it down to a week of travelling  and the lack of sleep that comes with it, out around the inaccessible Baku must have been the final straw before my body had enough and went on strike.

I've been taking it easy for a couple of days now and feeling much better for it. I've made my way to T'bilisi, Georgia where I'll be staying until the weekend when I have a bus ticket to a town called Agri in Turkey which is close to the Iranian border.

3 comments:

  1. It's always good to rest and recouperate. Not many people could do what you're doing and sustain the effort for so long. Get in the holiday mood and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With any luck things should start to get a little easier for you from here on in. If you need to take a rest though, then take one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pete,

    I work for an independent Television company over in the UK. I read about your story in The Times this morning.

    I would love to speak to you a bit more about your journey and your future plans.

    If you could contact me on ellie.cartwright@silverriver.tv, it would be great to hear from you.

    Best wishes and good luck with your journey.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete