Logo

Logo

Friday 22 April 2011

Great day at the Great Wall

Today was my first full day in Beijing and I took advantage of what it had to offer by booking myself on a tour of the Great Wall. I heard that it was possible to access the wall as there was a lift there, the wall wasn't accessible just the cable car station. I needed help to get up the hill that lead up to the station which was really steep and full of cobble stones making an ascent on my own impossible. Getting out of the cable car at the top I was gutted to see more steps leading up to the viewing platform, I wasn't about to give up on this though so I lifted myself up about a fifty steps to get some access to some incredible views!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like hard work, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, I have been following your progress with interest!
    The Great Wall is absolute not accessible on wheels and I am so glad that you indeed got an opportunity to see a bit of the incredible views. I have a post on my blog on the Great Wall, but hats off to you for braving what we also sweated out.
    Have a great journey onward & I will be following with admiration!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!

    You are indeed admirable.

    Also, you're looking really well in your photo :-)

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete