Logo

Logo

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Arrival in Japan

I've been in Osaka, Japan for 4 days now and nothing around here suggests that they had a major (and ongoing) disaster just one month ago. From what I've been told there are massive shortages and rolling blackouts in Tokyo but I haven't seen anything down here.

I met up with Kiji a couple of days ago and his parents were good enough to let me stay at their place for the weekend. Kiji has been in a wheelchair for 21 years and in that time he's visited 108 countries which has really raised the bar for me.

As with the rest of eastern Asia the transport is really good and fully accessible allowing me to explore no problem. I looked around the 1970 expo today and in the Japanese gardens there manage to back wheel down 64 steps which is a personal best, unfortunately no one was there to record it for me.

3 comments:

  1. Well that sounds better than I thought it was going to be. I suspose you are still going to head for Tokyo aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Peter, I am so pleased for you. Isn't Japan brilliant?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going to bother with Tokyo this time, after what's happened I've heard that it's (understandably) a depressing atmosphere there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete