Logo

Logo

Friday 24 December 2010

Appearance on page 3(8) of the Daily Star

I got an early Christmas present today when I checked the national Bangladeshi newspaper the Daily Star and your humble narrator was doing some rickshaw surfing on his very own 2 page spread!

It was a really great article that I’m very proud of, written by a friend who works as a reporter for the paper, Shahnaz Parveen. The caption on the picture was my favourite of the article, it read “Peter Donnelly – an indomitable spirit”. I didn’t even know what that meant, to save you looking it up here is the definition, Adjective that cannot be subdued or overcome, as persons, will, or courage; unconquerable: an indomitable warrior. Wow.

The picture also shows me doing a bit of rickshaw surfing down one of the quieter streets in the city, but it doesn’t really give the full impression of just how much fun it can be – I think a video would do a much better job.

Yesterday I met up with retired Bangladeshi film star Ilias Kanchan who is heavily involved with road safety after his wife and daughter were tragically take away from him in a traffic accident over here. I asked him if he would come down to the launch on the 22nd January and he assured me that if he was in the country then he would do his best to attend.


No comments:

Post a Comment