Logo

Logo

Monday 27 December 2010

Go and shout it from the hills!

I reached the £1000 fundraising milestone today and I think that is an achievement in itself. When I was first told to aim for five grand I didn't think it was possible but now, well, I’m a believer!

A few days ago after a meeting with a BBC journalist I decided to start sending out messages to really try and get the message out about what I’m doing. I emailed all the national papers in the UK which is a long shot, but I also emailed some of the smaller local newspapers especially focussing on the Bangla newspapers in London and yesterday I received a reply.

Emdad Rahman got back in touch immediately and was really interested in what I’m doing asking a couple more questions about what it is that I plan to do. Today I got an email from him telling me that he has put me on his blog http://tsu-doh-nimh.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-post.html and I’ll be in the Bangla media based in London next week.

If you’re reading this and you support what I’m doing then please post the just giving page (www.justgiving.com/rollingbackhome) and my story wherever you think people may be interested in it, this could be emailing it to friends, telling family members, having a chat with work colleagues or posting it on your wall on facebook – this is all about awareness raising now.

No comments:

Post a Comment