Logo

Logo

Sunday 20 February 2011

Shanging Loft fundraising

Even though I've only been in Shanghai for a couple of days, with the help of my amazing host Sujata and her friends here I managed to organise a fundraising event at a local bar, Shanging Loft. There was some music played by Michael of a local theatre group, a quiz and a raffle. We managed to raise £325 which was a decent effort considering how long there was to put an event together. I never would have managed to do anything like this without the help of people here so there is massive thanks to them.

As well as doing a bit of a presentation as these fundraising events I thought it would be good to make a promo video. Yes, its cheesy. But it seemed to go down quite well and if it gets the message across then I'm happy with it, if it makes people smile then all the better!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I loved the Alchemist too. Perfect travel read. And it's light in the backpack. I think your video is great, not too cheesy. If I ever get my dream job working in SCI rehab at the glenrose, I'll show the video to the staff/patients.
    I've been spreading the word about your charity and I got my parents to donate too. They are both super inspired by your wicked-awesome-ness.
    Hope to see you again (we have great downhill and the olympic champions sledge hockey team;))
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Video is great - pity that Youtube have disabled the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is back on the video now after I disputed the fact that youtube blocked it, cheese factor restored!

    ReplyDelete