Logo

Logo

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Time to leave China

I've spent a couple of weeks in China but it's finally time to leave, later on today I'll be heading down to ferry terminal where I'll be going overnight to Keelung, Taiwan and then on to visit my friend, Florence, in Taipei from there.

China has been fun, accessibility has been hardly any problem at all which is one of the benefits of staying in a big city especially one that had an expo last year and did so much development work.

The ex-pat crowd is huge in the places I've been around so far, not a tourist bunch but mainly people working in Shanghai and students here in Xiamen. The fact that I am staying so close to a uni made finding a bar really easy last night and had a couple of drinks with some guys studying Chinese, I don't envy them learning a 5000 character language.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend getting into China soon... pity you won't be able to meet up.

    ReplyDelete