Logo

Logo

Monday 28 February 2011

Tai? Aye!

It was a smooth overnight ride going from Xiamen across to Taiwan, with a boat that was fairly accessible and a bar on board the 12 hour ride flew by.

Teipai is ace. I've only been here for a couple of days but I could see myself needing an extension on my 90 day visa under different circumstances. It's easy to get about this place with the MRT (rail service) in the city centre where every stop is accessible. The food is different to everything I'm used to but I like the fact that I can just stop at the side of the road and pick something from a street seller that looks tasty.

My wrist has been aching more than usual over the last few days and I know that it’s down to last summer’s scaphoid fracture. I thought it had started healing after the x-rays that I had done at the CRP but I was warned when I did it that it could lead to arthritis. I hope it’s not.


I applied to do a flying scholarship before I headed to Dhaka last year and to qualify I had to return to the UK to face the selection committee in April. I sent them an email to see if it was possible to sort it over the phone or by skype but I got a negative reply. I guess there's always next year, unless something else comes up of course.

1 comment:

  1. I've always had an urge to do some flying of ultralights, don't know if it will ever happen - hope your flying does though.

    ReplyDelete