Logo

Logo

Saturday 22 January 2011

The big launch of RBH

Today was the official launch of 'Rolling back home' and people from the CRP along with other organisations headed down to the National Monument to make a presentation on what I am about to do. A couple of speeches were given by Valerie Taylor and MP Taranna Halim who lost her nephew in a RTA last year.

I gave a short talk on why I'm doing RBH and what it is that I hope to achieve. It felt a bit weird. Not speaking to the press but the fact I was holding a pigeon in my hands! I was given it to release as a mark of the start of the journey, when I did it just fell to the ground. Epic fail.

I made contact with the country director of Handicap International as well which was really good as he can give me contacts in Kazakhstan which is one of the places that I'm still trying to reach people.

The BBC turned up and interviewed me for world service and for the local radio stations back in the UK as well. All in all, quite a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment