Logo

Logo

Sunday 16 January 2011

Have you lost your compass, or your marbles?

There seems to be one surprise after another at the moment while I’m planning this trip. I was on facebook chat and my friend Nathan who I was working with appeared online. He lives in the US so soon after I had my accident he went home, so it’s been a good 4 years since we last met.

I was explaining my trip to him and found out he is now working in South Korea and offered me a place to stay if I go. I know that this is just going further in the wrong direction but it's an opportunity that I can't (and won't) turn down. Now the plan has been extended to Japan and South Korea, with no visas required to either of these places it makes it an easy part of the journey.

I was examining the globe and realised that once I get there I am getting dangerously close to the point where it makes more sense to come back the other way round. I think it’s a shame that the Pacific Ocean isn’t more populated with land mass.

As soon as I got into the office I met an excited Valerie who couldn’t wait to tell me about the first message she had received on her new phone, a good omen as she took it. It was the CEO from Brac Bank telling her that he was willing to sponsor me just over £3000 to get back home. With this new addition to the route it could be slightly more expensive but I have a meeting on Tuesday with the CEO of another organisation that is coming down in person. Fingers crossed.

The main thing I have on my mind right now my appointment at the Indian visa office tomorrow, they really love to make applying for visas difficult and I know a few people who have been knocked back which doesn’t inspire me with confidence. On the other hand, I’m going with a letter from the British High Commission supporting my application so that makes me think that, yeah, things will work out. No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment