Logo

Logo

Friday 14 January 2011

RBH TV

I've have a couple of meetings up to now with people who have experience in the media field advising me to record my journey back home, I thought that this wouldn't be that great and have a bit of a 'Blair Witch' effect but the when I was given the idea of fixing the camera to the frame of my chair I reconsidered and it could definitely work.

I picked up a smart little Sony SR68 camcorder at Computer City in Dhaka yesterday that has a huge 80GB hard drive able to record 30 hours of film and with my new 750GB external hard drive there's plenty of storage to record all my adventure. Tomorrow I'll take the camera down to the wood workshop to make a lightweight stand that can be fixed to my chair, this may give it a bit of an amateur filming appearance but it should be good to watch.

I tried to get my Indian visa slightly early yesterday and turned up before my appointment date, that didn't work at all and I just got sent packing. This does come down to the culture of following the rules over here, when people are shown one way to do something then they very rarely deviate from the set routine.

My appointment is on Monday though and with a 3 day turn around time for visa processing I should get the visa 2 days before I leave, it is cutting it fine but I was emailed a letter yesterday from the British High Commission that will support my application for a visa so I'm hoping there won't be any problems.

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to following you all the way Peter and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Hehe, sorry don't have a spare 5k though lols x Yvonne

    ReplyDelete