Logo

Logo

Sunday 30 January 2011

Paragliding in Pokhara

I arrived in Pokhara, Nepal a couple of days ago not feeling at my best. I'd had something to eat (or possibly drink) the night before that hadn't agreed with my stomach which meant I had unloaded the contents of my stomach next to the wheel of a bus early that morning. It didn't get much better through the day and with me not eating I was feeling low on energy so I crashed out when I reached Pokhara which I wasn't happy about.

I've had a good couple of days here, I got a tour round the British Ghurkha Camp from Major Rick Bevan. It was nice set up they have there, unfortunately I decided to visit on a weekend when nothing was happening. Also got the chance to sample some local brew from the mountains in east Nepal, it was trying the home brew they have over here but it was slightly to bitter for my taste, I was assured that this was an unusually bad batch so maybe I'll try it again next time I pass through.

Today I woke up still not feeling on top of my game but I had a booking to go paragliding at 10am and I would be damned if a bad stomach was going to stop me doing that!



No comments:

Post a Comment