Logo

Logo

Saturday 15 January 2011

A delay? In Bangladesh? Well I never!

I went to the travel agent in Savar yesterday to book my ticket up to Siliguri. The office was upstairs so I got my friend Sharif to go and make the booking for me; he came back a couple of minutes late with the bad news that they won’t sell the ticket until I have the visa.

This was no good to me, I’m only getting the visa on Thursday and then the seat I want at the front (the easiest seat to get to) could be taken which would mean me hauling myself to the back of the bus, not impossible but an inconvenience. If I left it until I got the visa then I also run the risk of the bus being sold out. I sent Sharif back up to tell the guy that he could sell me the ticket and I would show them the visa before I got on the bus, the ticket was 12 quid so it’s not the end of the world if I didn’t get this bus and lost the money.

I got the ticket but due to the bus needing repairs on the Saturday my journey has encountered its first delay before it even begins. I’m now heading up to Siliguri one day later on the 23rd January at 8pm, the launch will still take place the day before as its main purpose is trying to raise awareness of what I’m doing and get the patients involved.

First thing this morning I went down to the wood workshop with my camera, one of the guys there helped me make the frame that attaches to my chair so I can use the camera hands free while I’m pushing about. I’ve made a couple of adjustments to it already today and now it seems like it will do the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment